Server purchase and installation
In this example, we’ll walk you through a server purchase, installation and configuration.
Our client wanted to design a point to point network connection and file sharing capabilities between two buildings less than one mile apart. (The range will differ pending the number of walls a signal has to travel through, before reaching the router.)
1. IT Hardware & Software Needed to Implement the Project
- Dell PowerEdge T320 Server (The server quoted had additional features added by the manufacturer, so the price of the server will always differ, as it is based on what’s needed in its functionality.)
- Small Business Server Essentials 2012- Operating System for the server.
- Two units of Ubiquiti Nanobridge M5-25 Outdoor MIMO 5GHz Wireless Bridge 25dBi – Special antennas that enable a point-to-point wireless connectivity between the buildings.
- NetGear 8-port Gigabit Smart Switch
For the listed equipment and software, the total will come to about $4500.
2. Installation, Set up, Configuration & Server Migration
Completing this project requires about 10-14 hours for server migration, plus point-to-point Wireless Configuration requiring about 4 hours. Our hourly rate is $120/hour, so the labor fee for installation, setup and configuration will be in range of $1600-$2200 depending on the current technology environment of the business/organization.