Some IT superheroes wear capes. At TechGen our superheroes just happen to eat doughnuts and drink beer. Sound like your kind of people? TechGen is currently searching for someone to become an integral part of our elite team that provides technology support to small and medium sized businesses in the Minneapolis/St Paul metro area. We passionately believe in the support of our clients and strive to deliver best in class service on every call, every contact, every day.
Our Help Desk Support Specialist is a critical piece of our team and is responsible for the delivery of reactive technical support. This role will also provide continual improvement of processes and standards to provide a consistent client experience. Qualified candidates MUST have the ability to communicate to clients and co-workers at both technical and non-technical levels. Ideal candidates are self-directed, innovative, organized, flexible and can consistently maintain our high-quality standards. The desire and drive to build and maintain customer relationships is a key function of this role. This candidate will also be able to exhibit a sense of urgency in providing exceptional quality service to clients as well as setting and managing expectations.
• High school diploma required, higher level degree desired
• IT Experience: 1 years required; 2 years preferred
• MSP Experience: 1 year preferred
• Use of PSA/Ticketing system
• Ownership of assigned tasks
• Coordination of service via phone, email using our PSA system
• Being able to adapt and learn quickly
• Ability and desire to develop relationships with clients and internal staff
• Follow process and identify possible improvements
• Time management skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with basic troubleshooting of servers, firewalls, routers, switches
• Knowledge and basic experience with Microsoft Server and PC products
• Knowledge of basic networking principles
• Ability and desire to help create and update internal use documentation
• Hardware, networking and PC operating system troubleshooting skills
• Medical, dental and vision benefits
• Company pays portion of employee; option to add spouse/family at employee cost
• 15 days of PTO, increases with tenure
• 7 paid holidays
• 401K with 3% match after 90 days of employment
• Annual profit sharing bonuses
• Benefits available after 30 days of employment
• $45,000-$55,000/year, negotiable with experience
• Full time, in office role, Monday through Friday (on call optional)
TechGen has the culture that values such qualities as attention to detail and love to technology! We are always looking for talent that can effectively communicate with our clients, assist end users with efficient troubleshooting as well as experienced IT professionals with strong knowledge in cloud computing, Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft SQL Server.
Why should you want to work at TechGen? Because you will be surrounded by people like you & the culture here is awesome. Here, we know how to celebrate our successes and address our failures!
Fill out this quick application & let the journey with TechGen begin.